Monday, December 7, 2009

November 2009

November was a busy month and it is hard to believe that I did not post for the whole month. This is a photo taken at the Oil Painters of America Eastern Regional Show held at Corse Gallery in Jacksonville, FL. It was a great show and I was elated to learn that my painting (Peeled Orange) has sold. I also sold a painting (Cloud Shadows) that was accepted into the Atlanta Artists Center Synchronicity Show as well as one that a collector had seen on my website.
The figurative piece to my right in the photo won the Silver Medal in the show. Judge C.W. Mundy commented that he was captivated by the way the artist handled painting the eyes. You can see what he was talking about even in this small photo.
I have either been busy or the weather has been uncooperative in allowing me to photograph my latest paintings. I painted 4 small paintings to enter into the Atlanta Artists Center Small Works Show as I found that the stock frames I had were too large even for my 6 x 8 paintings. The reception and Christmas party will be held at the Artists Center on Sunday, December 13 from 5:00 until 7:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment